NHL Central Scouting has released its Mid-Term Rankings for the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. The list includes two members of the Calgary Hitmen.
Chris Driedger is ranked 12th among North American goalies. The 17-year-old from Winnipeg, Manitoba is in his second season in the Western Hockey League, joining the Hitmen in an off-season trade with the Tri-City Americans. Driedger recorded his first career WHL shutout on New Year's Day making 27 saves in Kelowna. In 24 appearances this season he's posted a record of 11-7-2-1 with a 3.01 goals against average and a .886 save percentage.
Bio: #33- Chris Driedger, G (6’2.5” 186lbs) (DREE-gurr)
- Acquired from the Tri-City Americans on July 20/2011 in exchange for a third round pick in the 2012 WHL Bantam Draft.
- Attended the 2011 Hockey Canada Program of Excellence goaltending camp where he was one of just 16 invites, including four from the WHL
- Backstopped Manitoba to a silver medal at the 2009 Western Canada U16 Challenge Cup.
- Was one of 36 top rated prospects for the 2012 NHL Entry Draft who attended the 2011 NHL Research, Development and Orientation Camp in Toronto this past August.
- Currently the number two ranked WHL goaltender by Central Scouting for the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Jaynen Rissling is ranked 165th among North American Skaters. The 18-year-old from Edmonton, AB has a late birthday and therefore was not eligible for the draft last season. Rissling has been an anchor on the Hitmen blueline this season eating a lot of big minutes while paired with 20-year-old Collin Bowman. In 39 games the left handed rearguard has 17 points (3g 14a) to go along with 83 penalty minutes.
#9- Jaynen Rissling, D (6’4” 222lbs) (RIZZ-ling)
- Drafted by the Hitmen in the 6th round (129th overall) of the 2008 WHL Bantam Draft
- His father, Kelly, played in the WHL with the Lethbridge Broncos (’78-’80) and Portland Winterhawks (’80-’81)
- In his third season in the WHL
- Was a member of the 2010 WHL Champion Hitmen
The 2012 NHL Entry Draft will be held at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania from June 22 to 23.
Click here to see the complete draft rankings list